martedì 26 settembre 2017

TV Series for Lamentations of the Flame Princess

Some time ago I asked advice on the various LotFP communities about TV series that incarnate best the spirit, atmosphere and themes of our favourite game.
This was the original question:

Are there any tv series (no movies) that are good inspirations for Lamentations of the Flame Princess?
That catch the tone, horror, weirdness and possibly set in the early modern era?

Useless to say I received a lot (I mean, A LOT) of suggestions!
Some of these seem to especially fit LotFP, some others seem completely out, but I'll toss every suggestion in the list because I trust that people.
If they tell me that Pinky the Magic Unicorn Friend is a good fit for LotFP, it's because probably it has some dark twisted side that only we, the people corrupted by Raggi's black magic, can catch and put at some use in our campaigns!
Also, some of these are animated.

The Devil's Whore, set during the English Civil War

This is a list of all the answers along with the opinions or descriptions, where they have been given:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
A pinkier A Red and Pleasant Land?


Bonus list: Movies!

We all know that no plan or plot can resist an encounter with player characters, and we can probably say the same applies with questions on social networks!
Therefore I also received some suggestions regarding good LotFP movies.
Should I throw these suggestions away? Of course not!
So here you have:

A Field in England is basically LotFP: The Movie

Finally, this are the original threads where I made the question:

I hope you'll find a good inspiring TV Series for your Lamentations of the Flame Princess campaigns, while we wait for an official one from +James Raggi. We want to see the Flame Princess in action!

And if you have other suggestions write them in the comments below!

Borgia: Faith and Fear
From the picture it seems as bloody as LotFP

2 commenti:

  1. It never occurred to me, but I realize now this list needed to happen! Didn't see it on the list, so I'll mention it here - Brotherhood of the Wolf.

    RispondiElimina